Opal Property Services are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy notice, together with our Terms and Conditions and any other notice referred to in it, explains how we collect and use your personal data when you visit our website or use our services.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
As a business we collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data depending on who you are.
If you are purchasing, renting, selling or letting a property through us, or purchasing, renting, selling or letting a property from one of our clients, we collect and use your personal data to provide you with our services. The personal data we collect and use may include:
- Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, username and password, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback and survey responses)
- Contact Data (billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Financial Data (bank account and payment details)
- Transaction Data (details about payments to and from you and other services you have purchased through us)
- Technical Data (internet protocol address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identified, location data and other similar identifying information required for the customer’s device(s) to communicate with websites and applications on the internet)
- Usage Data (how you use our website products and services, the full uniform resource locators clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, lengths of visit to certain pages, page interaction information, methods to browse away from the page and any phone numbers you use to call us)
- Marketing and Communications Data (your marketing preferences from us and our third parties and your communication preferences)
We also may collect and use Aggregated Data. For example, when you visit our website we may aggregate data about your usage to tell us about how certain features on our website are used. This is not usually classified as personal data as whilst it derives from personal data (in the example, it is derived from your Usage Data) it does not reveal your identity to us. If we do link this Aggregated Data to your personal information, it will be treated as personal data in line with this policy.
2 HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact us through social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback; or
- speak with us on the telephone
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it. If we need to process your personal data for a different purpose that is not compatible with the original purpose we will let you know.
We may process your personal data for a different purpose without your consent where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You also have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you do withdraw your consent, this will result in us ceasing to market goods and services to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you; or
- contacting us at any time by emailing email@example.com or by calling us 0203-488-1981
Where you withdraw your consent to receiving marketing messages, we will still process your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you and in accordance with our legal, accountancy and regulatory obligations.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside Opal Property Services for marketing purposes.
The Opal Property Services website and applications may automatically collect data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality of our website and to assist with advertising and targeting. We use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google.
The cookies on our website do not track, collect or upload data such as your name, email address or billing information, but it may collect data about your equipment and browsing activities. We may collect and report on the adoption and usage of specific features, crashes and exceptions and other useful, anonymous metrics.
Certain devices can detect your approximate location, via latitude and longitude. The accuracy of this data is not in the control of Opal Property Services. If this feature is requested, We will prompt you to provide your permission to access your location data for the purposes of providing you with results or directions based on your current location. You can disable location settings within your browser or app.
4. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We only allow third parties to use your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
5. DATA SECURITY
We are, through technical and organisational means, committed to ensuring the security of, and prevention of unauthorised access to, your personal data. For example, we limit who can access your personal data to those individuals and third parties who need to know it and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality. If we become aware of a data breach we will, where we are required to, notify the Information Commissioner’s Office. If we believe that the data breach is serious, we may notify you as well.
7. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your personal data whilst you use our services (or whilst we provide services connected to you) and for at least seven years thereafter, for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes. If we need to retain your personal data for longer, we will take into consideration the potential risks in continuing to store your data against why we might need to keep it. In some circumstances we might anonymise your personal data so it is not associated with you, and we may then use this information indefinitely.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
To the extent provided by law, you have the right to:
- • access a copy of the the personal data that we hold and process about you. You have rights to the following information:
- the purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- the categories of personal information we hold about you
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- the period for which we will store your information, or the criteria used to determine that period;
- objecting to the use of your personal data (including for marketing purposes) by
- by ticking the relevant boxes on the data collection forms; or
- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that even if you refuse marketing, we will still contact you to discuss the services you have asked us to provide to you or to tell you about changes to our terms and conditions
- rectification of any inaccurate information we hold about you;
- erasure of the personal data we hold about you (in certain situations);
- ask that we do not make decisions about you using completely automated means; and/or
- ask that personal data we hold about you is, where technically feasible, transmitted to a third-party chosen by you, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
The rights listed above may not apply in certain circumstances. Therefore we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case. We will usually respond to a request from you to exercise your rights within one month of receipt, but it might take longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. Please be aware that we may need to process your personal data and/or request specific information from you to help us comply with your request. Generally, you do not have to pay a fee to exercise these rights, but you may have to pay a fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
Opal Property Services LTD
24 Holborn Viaduct